How to Play North Carolina Pick 3?
1. Pick a 3-digit number between 000 to 999.
(Or ask for Quick Pick and let the computer pick them for you.)
2. Choose the way you'd like to play to match your numbers to the official numbers drawn:
Exact Order - must match winning numbers in order drawn.
Any Order - must match winning numbers drawn, but can be in any order.
50/50 - Combines Exact Order and Any Order plays, so that you win either way the numbers are drawn.
3. Decide if you'd like to play for $0.50 or $1.00 (50/50 plays can only be played for $1.00).
4. Select the number of days that you would like to play your numbers. All plays selected will be for the next scheduled
(most current) drawing only, unless you choose Multi-draw or Advance Play.
Multi-draw - allows you to purchase tickets for up to 7 consecutive drawings including the current drawing.
Advance Play - allows you to select specific future draw dates, excluding the current draw, for up to 7 consecutive drawings.
5. If you make a mistake when marking your play slip, mark the 'VOID' box for that panel and go to the next one.
You can play up to five sets of numbers on one play slip. Each play selected will produce a single ticket.
Check your play slip carefully before purchasing your tickets. It is your responsibility to make sure the ticket represents
the numbers you selected and the drawing you want to enter. At your request, your Carolina Pick 3 ticket can be cancelled
on the terminal where it was produced within 15 minutes of the purchase time or within the remaining time before the draw
break, whichever occurs first.
What does 3-Way and 6-Way mean?
3-Way means that you have chosen a number that has 2 digits that are alike. (Example: 377) Because of that, there are only
3 ways to combine the number selected, 377 - 773 - 737.
6-Way means that you have chosen a number that has 3 unique (Example: 368) Because of that, there are only 6 ways to combine
the numbers selected to win, 368 - 638 - 863 - 683 - 836 - 386.
Why are the prize payouts different for 3-Way and 6-Way? Since there are less combinations of a 3-Way number, the odds of
winning are longer, so the prize payout is greater.
LottoStrategies.com - More About North Carolina (NC) Pick 3 Evening Lottery
LottoStrategies.com provides the below information:
- North Carolina Pick 3 Evening drawing results (winning numbers), hot/cold Numbers, jackpots
- North Carolina Pick 3 Evening Prizes and Winning Odds, wheeling system, payout, frequency chart, how to play, how to win, etc.