Palmetto Cash 5 is a five-number game from the South Carolina Education Lottery. There are four ways to win prizes from
$1 up to $100,000. Players have the option of spending an extra dollar per play for the chance to multiply all prizes by
the POWER-UP number drawn 2, 3, 4, or 5 times. The price of each play is $1. Purchasing the POWER-UP multiplier option
increases the price for each play from $1 to $2. Drawings are held at 6:59 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and
televised live on local stations.
1. Pick up a Palmetto Cash 5 play slip at any South Carolina Education Lottery online retailer. Use ONLY a pencil or a pen
with blue or black ink to fill out a play slip. Red ink will NOT be accepted. Be VERY CAREFUL not to make stray marks on
the play slip as the lottery terminal may confuse the marks for numbers or play options. If you make an error in your number
selection, DO NOT ERASE. Simply mark the "VOID" box at the bottom of the play area and move on to the next play area.
2. There are five different play areas on a single play slip, marked "PLAY A" through "PLAY E." Each box represents a DIFFERENT
Palmetto Cash 5 play. Each play costs $1. All selected numbers for a single play should be in the same play area. Players
may purchase up to five plays per play slip.
3. Mark five different numbers from 1 to 38. Make a heavy vertical mark in the appropriate boxes in each play area. Or,
if you prefer having any or all of your plays selected at random by the lottery terminal, mark the "QUICK PICK" box at the
bottom of the play area.
4. Players may choose to purchase the POWER-UP multiplier option for the chance to increase their winnings up to five times.
The POWER-UP option costs an extra dollar per play. The POWER-UP number is drawn in a separate drawing following the Palmetto
Cash 5 drawing and is not selected by the player. If you play the POWER-UP multiplier option and win a prize, the prize
will automatically be multiplied by the POWER-UP number. The POWER-UP number is randomly drawn from sixteen balls: eight
balls are marked with the number "2"; five are marked with the number "3"; two are marked with the number "4" and one is
marked with the number "5."
5. All plays and play options selected on the play slip will be valid for the selected draw only. Play up to 20 consecutive
draws by marking the appropriate box under the heading "MULTI DRAW." NOTE: Each consecutive draw will cost an extra dollar.
So a play slip with the number "5" marked in the "MULTI DRAW" area will cost $5 and will be valid for the next five draws.
Marking the "POWER-UP" multiplier option increases the cost of each play marked on the play slip from $1 to $2; therefore,
5 multi draws with Power-Up would cost $10 and would be valid for the next five draws.
6. You MUST be 18 or older to both purchase and redeem Palmetto Cash 5 tickets.
7. After handing the play slip to the clerk, the clerk will run the play slip through the lottery terminal. A Palmetto Cash
5 ticket will then be printed. DOUBLE CHECK the ticket BEFORE leaving the store to make sure the: (1) numbers selected,
(2) multiplier option, (3) draw date(s), and (4) dollar amount are EXACTLY as you requested. If there is an error, have
the retailer CANCEL the ticket and print another. REFUSE to pay for a ticket that is not printed clearly or is not exactly
as you want. There are rules as to how long a player has to cancel a ticket. In some cases the player may not be able to
have a ticket canceled.
8. Prior to each drawing, Palmetto Cash 5 sales will be temporarily suspended to allow for the drawing. Palmetto Cash 5
sales are suspended at 6:45 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. After making a Palmetto Cash 5 purchase, a player has
up to 20 minutes to cancel the sale; however, a retailer may NOT cancel a ticket sold for a given draw after sales have been
suspended for that drawing.
9. The printed Palmetto Cash 5 ticket is the ONLY valid receipt for claiming a prize. Play slips will NOT be accepted as
proof of purchase.
10. Palmetto Cash 5 drawings take place at 6:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Drawings are broadcast LIVE via our
11. All winnings on a single ticket will be totaled for the purpose of check writing.
Overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 8.4.
A player MUST be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
LottoStrategies.com - More About South Carolina (SC) Palmetto Cash 5 Lottery
LottoStrategies.com provides the below information: