How to Play South Carolina Evening Pick 3?
Pick 3 is a three-digit number game from the South Carolina Education Lottery. Pick 3 drawings are held every evening at
6:59 and aired live on local television stations. Midday drawings are not televised and are held Monday through Saturday
afternoons at 12:59. No midday drawings are held on Sundays or on Christmas Day. Pick 3 has four different play types providing
numerous ways to win. Players have the option of choosing to play a straight ticket to match numbers in the exact order
drawn or to play a box ticket to match numbers drawn in any order. There is a straight/box choice to cover both possibilities.
Players have the option of purchasing a combo ticket equal to 3 or 6 straight plays.
1. A Pick 3 play slip may be obtained at any South Carolina Education Lottery online retailer. ONLY use a pencil or a pen
with blue or black ink to fill out a play slip. Red ink will NOT be accepted. Do NOT make stray marks on the play slip
as the lottery terminal may read the marks as numbers or play options. DO NOT ERASE a mistake in your number selections.
Instead, mark the "VOID" box at the bottom of the play area and move on to the next play area.
2. There are five different play areas on a single play slip, marked "PLAY A" through "PLAY E." Each play area represents
a DIFFERENT Pick 3 play. All selected numbers for a single play should be in the same play area. Players may purchase up
to five plays per play slip.
3. Mark a three-digit number from 000 to 999. Make a heavy vertical mark in the appropriate boxes in each play area. Or,
to have any or all of your plays selected at random by the lottery terminal, mark the ~SQUICK PICK~T box at the bottom of
the play area.
4. Select the play amount of either 50¬Ę or $1. This option is available for straight or box play ONLY and will default
to $1 if not marked otherwise. Combo tickets range in price: a 3-way combo is $1.50 or $3 and a 6-way combo is $3 or $6.
5. Mark the play TYPE. IF NO TYPE IS SPECIFIED, THE TYPE WILL DEFAULT TO A STRAIGHT PLAY.
STR = Straight Play: Match winning numbers in exact order drawn.
To win, the number you pick has to match the number we draw in exactly the same order.
BOX = Box Play: Match winning numbers drawn in any order.
To win, your number has to match the number we draw, but the three digits can be in any order. There are two kinds of box
Pick a number with two digits that are the same and one that's different. It's called a 3-way box because there are three
possible winning combinations.
Pick a number with three different digits and you'll have six possible winning combinations.
STR/BX = Straight/Box: Combines a 50¬Ę Straight AND a 50¬Ę Box for a 3-digit number on a single play. The Straight/Box
play may only be played for $1 per play.
COMBO = Combination: Equal to 3 or 6 Straight plays for 50¬Ę or $1. Win $250 or $500 if you match winning numbers drawn
in any order in a single play.
. Under the ~SMULTI DRAW~T heading, don't forget to mark the "DAY," "EVE," or ~SBOTH~T box to select the drawing(s) you
want to play. The midday drawing (or "DAY") is at 12:59 p.m., and the evening drawing (or "EVE") is at 6:59 p.m. If no
box is selected, then the ticket will be valid for the next drawing that occurs. Play up to 14 draws for "DAY" or "EVE"
or 28 draws for ~SBOTH.~T Multi draw selections will be consecutive from the draw date selected. NOTE: There are NO midday
drawings on Sundays or on Christmas Day.
7. ADVANCE PLAY: indicates a draw day other than the present day (not today). Draw Selection: indicates the daily draw
that all plays and play options (multi draw and advance play) apply.
8. Present your completed Pick 3 play slip and total play amount to the online retailer, and you will receive your printed
ticket selection(s). Be sure to verify that the selections on the ticket for the: (1) numbers selected, (2) draw date(s),
(3) play type, and (4) dollar amount are printed EXACTLY as the selections requested on the play slip BEFORE you leave the
LottoStrategies.com - More About South Carolina (SC) Pick 3 Evening Lottery
LottoStrategies.com provides the below information:
- South Carolina Pick 3 Evening drawing results (winning numbers), hot/cold Numbers, jackpots
- South Carolina Pick 3 Evening Prizes and Winning Odds, wheeling system, payout, frequency chart, how to play, how to win, etc.